Well, I’ll be damned… another Liebster Award Nomination thingamajig. This time from Tom over at plainsimpletomreviews.wordpress.com. First off, thank you very much, my good sir. Secondly, this is the second nomination for this I’ve gotten in less than a month. This makes me wonder what people see in me that makes them go “Oh yes, quite good, give this man a nomination or sometning, nyah!”. Not complaining, it’s just that I have a tendency to overthink these things. Oh well, let’s get on with it.
Rules for nominated folks (in a post, not a comment):
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers or so of your own choosing
- Give them 11 questions
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
So here comes the questions that Tom supplied me with to answer for y’all.
1. What are your three favourite books?
“Shutter Island” by Dennis Lehane, “1984” by George Orwell, “Darkly Dreaming Dexter” by Jeff Lindsay. Any of these might change in the future (Except “Shutter Island”), but this is as it is now.
2. What animal are you most like?
I would probably say a dog, or possibly a sloth. I’m really lazy. but I try not to be a total dick to people. So maybe a combination of those two animals, a… Slog, if you will.
3. You have the power to stop one director from making any more films – which one do you choose? Why?
Maybe Paul W.S. Anderson, or Zack Snyder. Sure, they might both be very nice people, and they have both done stuff that I enjoy, but I feel like they have overstayed their welcome in one way or another.
4. Which film would you most want to take out into the middle of a field to smash up with a baseball bat (Office Space style!)?
There are a whole bunch of films that I could/would do this with for different reasons. But the first that comes to mind is “Jonah Hex” starring Josh Brolin. Great actor, fucking awful movie.
5. Which actor/actress would you like to wake up next to?
As one or two people who follow me might be aware of, I have a bit of a crush on Keri Russell, so I guess that might be it. Sure, she’s quite a bit older than me, but I can’t help it… she’s beautiful AND talented. Though this just begs the question what the circumstance is…
6. Choice of weapon for a zombie apocalypse?
A really long stick. Or something in the style of a sledgehammer. I want something that can give me some distance that doesn’t require ammunition and/or fuel. But to give more of a fun answer… landmines.
7. Going to the cinema or “Netflix and chill”?
Cinema. The big screen, the big surround sound, the overall experience. Plus, the “chill” bit of the latter option would be a bit distracting from the film (or TV show).
8. You fought the law – who won?
As a music nerd, this question amuses me. To answer it, uhm… the law won, because I’m weak and slow and my conscience would kick in faster than you can say “Oklahoma”.
9. Brand new, thrilling Hollywood blockbuster or obscure, fascinating foreign film?
Here’s the problem: Both have good things to offer. One offers fun, while the otehr offers depth. Hmmm… Foreign film, why the hell not?
10. Why do you blog? What kinds of blogs do you follow? What do you think of your site? 3 in one, there!
I blog because I started this blog in January of 2014 and realized after a while “Holy shit, this is actually fun”. I mostly follow blogs that relate in one way or another to movies. Sure, there are some otehr types too, but movies take up most of it. I think my site is dumb and I love it… kind of like “Sharknado”.
11. And finally, the favourite: Which 5 actors/actresses would you have at a dinner party?
Mark Ruffalo, Sam Rockwell, Keri Russell, Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Lawrence. They all seem like decent people who could be fun to hang around. And yes, I know Swayze is dead, but the question didn’t specifically say that it had to be a living actor/actress.
So here are the people that I nominate for this thingamajig:
I know it’s not 11 people, but I couldn’t think of 11 for this one… so five will have to do.
Time to supply you nominees with some questions that you will answer in your post.
1. What is the most overrated movie of all time?
2. What is your favorite game show?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. Which actor/actres would you like to wake up next to?
5. Who is your favorite author?
6. Do you read comics?
7. What movie always manages to get you in a good mood?
8. Is there a city in your country that you haven’t been to that you would like to visit?
9. Favorite film director?
10. Have you ever been arrested?
11. What do you think of your site?
So once again, special thanks to Tom for nominating me for this thing that took a while to write. You’re awesome, man, stay plain and simple!
Have a good one!